Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spring


So spring has officially sprung and I couldn't be happier. The girls and I have played outside everyday since Wednesday when Jim had his first vacation day. I have to say this beautiful weather isn't helping on the inside chores since I hate to waste a day inside when we could be outside playing. Sadie isn't the biggest fan yet but she's getting there. Sophie wakes up in the morning and says "I wanna go ow-side." I have just started letting her go outside in the backyard only to swing by herself as long as I can see her. The girl LOVES to swing. I love to look out the kitchen window and see her laid back on her swing white knuckle gripped on the plastic covered chains of her swing, eyes closed just swinging. God only knows what she's thinking when she does this but to me childhood doesn't get better than that.



The boys are starting baseball season again. So far two games have been played won the first lost the second to some pitching errors otherwise would have tied it.

Last night Grandpa Jim took the girls for a wagon ride. They love to ride in the wagon. So my Jim and I took advantage and hoped in the hot tub for a quick soak while childless. When they came back we got out and everyone sat on the screened in back porch and watched some goofy movie dad picked. Sophie would skip from one side of the porch to the other getting salted peanuts in the shell and bring them to the chair near me. 10 minutes later when she finally peeled the peanut half of it would fall to the ground and you'd hear " my peanut go?" all that work for nothing. Then as if nothing had happened off she'd go for another. It was one of those moments I'll remember when she's grown. I told big and little Jim that it was a moment I'd think of when she started to date to which Jim replied " she won't date" with a gleam in his eye. I seriously wonder how tough the boys and dad will be with there little girls when they do want to date. Those boys better be top notch. For now we will enjoy the little things with our heads back sun in our face and wind blowing through our hair.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the blog. Another way to keep Gamaw Kathy updated while she lives in Cindadella castle.. : ) I think it's great that you are doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They even have spring in Florida, the high temp goes from 50 to 80. Even insprired me to do about a half-hour of gardening (not just cutting the grass). I do admit that springtime in the Ozarks is beautiful, dogwoods, redbuds, and all. Even the "new" green of the leaves brightens everything. Little girls on the swing is a big bonus. Of course then comes summer with more heat and humidity that FL. Ah FL summer, no one on the golf course, visiting Europeans getting a tan, and a pool next to the house.

    Have fun with the blog, I'll put you next to Buckles (the big time). Boppa

    ReplyDelete