Monday, May 10, 2010

Babies

Sometimes you just have to stop and realize that everyday, whether you like it or not, your babies are growing up. Over the weekend the baby robins we had been watching flew the nest. I saw only one in the nest Saturday and thought one had jumped out and was the victim of a cat. That afternoon I saw the other had done the same. I later saw one of them high up in the bush next to the one with the nest so they are out flying around the skies of Springfield now. It was cool to watch them grow up.


















It got me thinking about my girls. Sophie is trying, slowly, to potty in the big potty. She knows she is "too big to potty in her unnies" as she told me this morning, but obviously not too big to forget to go on the potty every time. We'll get there. Sadie has gone to walking with only holding one finger and will even when in the right mood let her sister have that supporting role. I know it's just a blink of an eye before they too fly the nest. What will I do then? Eeeek. Next thought.



I had a wonderful mothers day thanks to my hubby. He made me breakfast, let me go shopping without children ( Ahhhh!) made me dinner and took care of the girls all day. Plus I got a super cool steam mop I wanted. I know, Whoo hooo, cleaning supplies. I asked for it and like practical things, so way to go honey. I had a fabulous day.

The evening before mothers day Aunt sis and I went to the Mother Daughter banquet at church. We had a nice time and a good meal.

1 comment:

  1. Your assessment of when little ones fly the nest is so accurate. I'm glad you are able to be home with your baby birds and enjoy them. Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day, because you are a wonderful mother. Love you.

    ReplyDelete